About Our Staff
The Alpenglow staff is a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled orthopedic professionals committed to keeping you informed and helping you become an active partner in your recovery. You can count on them to be both friendly and firm in their dedication to your long-term success.
How it Works
After your surgery and initial recovery at Alpine Surgery Center on the first floor, you'll be transferred via private elevator up to Alpenglow the same day. We'll get you (and your support person) settled into your room, orient you to the environment and then, depending your doctor's orders, get you up and walking or otherwise moving your affected joint.
We'll also start coaching you on basic living skills including, but not limited to, walking, standing up, and sitting down.
When it's time to launch your physical therapy, usually the same day as your surgery, you'll step next door into OPA's physical therapy department and work one-on-one with a physical therapist who will give you an evaluation and develop a customized therapy program for you.
Meals are served in our common dining area and feature fresh, healthy fare from a local caterer.
Alpenglow is open to post-surgical orthopedic patients requiring assistance with activities of daily living. To become a resident, the patient must be otherwise healthy, and NOT have significant heart disease, insulin dependent diabetes, or a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40; individuals with these conditions are best suited to recover in a hospital setting.
- Lower costs compared to an overnight stay in a hospital.
- Comfortable, relaxing, non-hospital environment.
- 24-hour Care by a team of Registered Nurses (RNs) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs).
- A family member, or other responsible adult, is encouraged to stay with you.
- Complimentary meals for resident.
- Located in the same building as OPA & Alpine Surgery Center for quick transfer and easy access to follow-up appointments.
- On-site therapy, rehabilitation & education services.
- Private, secure entry (Alpenglow doors are open from 5:30 A.M. until 8:00 P.M. after 8:00 P.M. visitors will need to call the resident to gain entry into the building. Please alert Alpenglow staff to gain entrance.)
- Joint Academy — our comprehensive joint replacement recovery program.