The ultimate goal of Joint Academy is preparation for your surgical experience that will result in faster, more successful recovery process following joint replacement or spinal surgery.
The Joint Academy is an individualized education program that starts long before your surgery with a 1-1.5-hour class that both you and your support person attend. You will learn more about what will happen before and after surgery, familiarize yourself with the building and meet some of the staff that you will see while recovering at Alpenglow.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-op education for you and your support person to learn about:
- Surgery prep and recovery
- Customized Physical Therapy Exercises
- Assistive devices.
- Joint or Spine protection.
- Energy conservation.
- Prescription Medications.
- Lead by the nurses and physical therapists that you will encounter during your stay.
- Opportunities for questions and answers.
- Binder of comprehensive printed education materials, individualized for your specific treatment plan.